KOOBA (Kenya) Limited is a carrier-neutral Data Centre Services Provider. KOOBA’s facilities are designed to exceed Tier 3 standards required by global operators and content providers.
KOOBA will offer world-class Data Centre and ICT services across the East Africa region following international standards such as those promulgated by the Uptime Institute; connectivity services with our proprietary Exchange Point Platform centrally located in each facility; and Managed Services including services provided through our Network Operations Center.
KOOBA’s Superior Colocation Services provide customers with flexible and secure Data Centre Colocation Services backed by our superior Data Centre infrastructure designed to exceed Tier III standards and best practices for Data Centre Operations. Features include:
- Colocation Services in customer racks, cages or private suites. Cages and Private Suites will provide customized security options based on customer requirements.
- Redundant A+B AC power feeds to each customer cabinet with both Single Phase and Three Phase power feed options available.
- Redundant A+B DC power feeds to each customer cabinet based on customer requirements.
- Security coverage across the entire facility, including electronic access controls into the colocation areas, full CCTV monitoring and 24×7 onsite security guards.
- Any to any connectivity model enabled via our Meet Point Room. Our colocation customers can connect to any other customer, carrier or service provider located in our facility or in any of our partner facilities in Mombasa for a small cross-connect charge.
- Fibre connectivity will be available to other KOOBA facilities.
- Remote and Smart Hands Services to support remote operations of your ICT assets and applications.
- Onsite office space available for approved customer employees that require space to work whilst at the facility.
- Engineering and Installation services available to support our customer’s installations and transition of their environment to KOOBA’s Data Centre
Our focus is to host our customer’s mission critical applications. Our operations team will run the Data Centre facilities and the network connectivity residing in our Data Centres to ensure maximum uptime of the customer’s services.
KOOBA’s Network Operations Center (“NOC”) will monitor the performance of the Data Centre on a 24 x 7 basis and will provide all customers with real time monitoring and support.
Staffed with highly trained and experienced IT professionals, the NOC will utilize automated tools to provide support, monitor, manage and track work and ticket requests. NOC personnel will work with the local operations personnel deployed in all of our locations across East Africa to provide world-class operations support. Furthermore, the NOC provides status on services provided, and depending on the customer’s needs, can affect necessary repair and restoration of those services to meet the customer ‘s specific contract performance requirements.